Free food allergy training where you and your staff can learn more about managing allergens in a kitchen and how to cater for allergen information requirements.
study the modules and pass the tests to get a continuing professional development (CPD) certificate. This training has been developed by the Agency for enforcement officers. However, it might also be of interest to food business operators, those involved in selling or producing food or anyone wanting to learn more about food allergies.
Step 1: Study the modulesThere are six modules to study, each with a test. These modules cover
- Module 1: current and incoming rules and legislation
- Module 2: the effects that allergies have in the body
- Module 3: considerations of allergies in the factory
- Module 4: how allergenic ingredients should be displayed on the label
- Module 5: identifying allergens in example of dishes in the restaurant
- Module 6: how food businesses should be providing consumers with allergen information
about the non-prepacked food they serve
Step 2: Register and complete the testsOnce you have registered and are logged into the site you will be able to access the tests, either by clicking on the banner at the bottom of each module page, or via your CPD dashboard
Each module contains several multiple choice questions. If you answer 85% of all questions correctly, you’ll be able to download a CPD certificate (equivalent to three hours for CPD) to certify you’ve completed this online training course.
Think Allergy Poster (Urdu)